As my practice has become focused on a distinct group of patients, I have found that I am called on to do every type of aesthetic operation for my patients as they prefer to be treated by our team.
I do welcome this, but I cannot be expert at all of the operations my patients desire.
Thus, at this point, I really only perform the following operations with regularity:
1. Rhinoplasty (Primary) – about 5-10 per month
2. Secondary Rhinoplasty – about 5-15 per month
3. Facelift – about 3-5 per month
4. Blepharoplasty and Brow lift – about 3-5 per month
5. Breast Augmentation with Mastopexy (lift) – around 2-3 month
6. Breast Reduction / Mastopexy – about 2-4 per month
7. Liposuction – about 3-4 month
8. Abdominoplasty – about 2-3 month
But it is the Breast Reduction that is a very specialized operation that requires a great deal of planning and flawless execution to generate spectacular results.
The lateral breast flap has helped tremendously (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21813879).
I am happy to report that several years after this publication, I am still using this technique and it is quite helpful with breast reduction, breast lifts, and breast lifts with implants.