Pregnancy is one of the most cherished experiences in a woman’s life. However, with pregnancy follows hormonal fluctuations and fat redistribution to unwanted areas amongst many other undesirable anatomical changes. Fortunately, women today can choose to have a mommy makeover to restore her pre-pregnancy contour and youthful vigor.
What is a Mommy Makeover?
Notably, a mommy makeover surgical plan will look different woman to woman. The primary areas of concern post-partum are the breasts and abdomen. You can expect to benefit from a mommy makeover if there is excess skin and fat on the breasts and abdomen, stretch marks, loss of breast fullness, and droopiness of breasts. Moreover, some common procedures performed in mommy makeovers include:
- Breast mastopexy, with or without augmentation
- Breast reduction
- Abdominoplasty, aka, “tummy tuck”
- Liposuction of the arms, bra line, back, flanks, abdomen, thighs
Mommy Makeover Breast Procedures
The breast size wavers from enlargement, engorgement, and deflation throughout pregnancy and breastfeeding. Not to mention, the nipples and areolas may also lose symmetry. Procedures to restore the breasts’ youthful aesthetics include:
- A mastopexy which will lift and improve shape and counter sagginess. This brings the breast mounds back higher up on the chest wall and improves the nipple’s position. Additionally, you may choose to couple this with a breast augmentation. In this procedure either silicone or saline implants are placed either below the pectoralis muscle (submuscular) or above the pectoralis muscle (subglandular). An augmentation is a good option if you would like greater improvement of the breast shape and increased volume.
Mastopexy Podcast: Beverly Hills Plastic Surgery Podcast
Augmentation Podcast: Beverly Hills Plastic Surgery Podcast
- A breast reduction will remove excess skin, glandular tissue, and fat. Therefore, this will significantly alleviate any discomfort and symptoms caused by the weight of large breasts.
Reduction Podcast: Beverly Hills Plastic Surgery Podcast
Furthermore, during pregnancy, the abdominal tissues and skin are stretched to allow healthy child growth. However, the skin loses its tautness and is irreparable with diet and exercise alone. An abdominoplasty/tummy tuck would remove the lax skin of the upper and lower abdomen and excise some, if not, all of the abdominal stretch marks. Also, it would correct abdominal wall separation (rectus diastasis) if needed. Finally, this will leave you with a tighter and defined frame.
Tummy Tuck Podcast: Beverly Hills Plastic Surgery Podcast
Unfortunately, despite a healthy diet and exercise, fat can be stubborn. Still, an elegant silhouette is achieved by removing fat accumulation (lipodystophy) in unwanted areas. Dr. Calvert will select from an array of effective liposuction devices that will bring you to your aesthetic goals.
Liposuction Podcast: Beverly Hills Plastic Surgery Podcast
Finally, we do not standardize our approach to mommy makeovers. Undoubtedly, Dr. Calvert will work with you to develop a comprehensive and custom tailored plan so you can achieve your desired aesthetics. Ultimately, his goal is to provide you with a positive transformation that allows you to decide how you want motherhood to look.
For more information on mommy makeovers and our techniques, please feel free to call the office of Dr. Jay Calvert at +1.310.777.8800 or in Newport Beach, +1.949.644.2858.